To help protect teeth from cavities, the American Dental Association recognizes dental sealants as a great general dentistry treatment for patient’s long term dental health. Sealants are a thin, plastic film applied to the surface of the teeth that hardens under a curing light. It can last up to 10 years.
The hard to reach teeth such as molars are more prone to cavities and are prime candidates for sealants. Sealants can be done for patients of all ages and are particularly effective for kids. A few of the dental sealants benefits include:
- protecting children’s teeth who may have inconsistent brushing habits
- protecting uneven surfaces or pits in each tooth
- providing a physical barrier to protect teeth from enamel damaging bacteria
- giving one of the most pain-free options in dental procedures
- potentially saving cost and time of future cavity repairs, tooth replacement and repairs
The team at Smile Arkansas would be happy to answer questions or set an appointment to help you with dental sealants. Just contact our office today!